Superrare.com is a marketplace to collect and trade unique, single-edition digital artworks. Each artwork is authentically created by an artist in the network, and tokenized as a crypto-collectible digital item that you can own and trade.
SuperRare is airdropping their new governance token “RARE” to early artists and collectors of the platform. The snapshot was taken on July 21st, 2021, and eligible participants can now claim their share from a total pool of 150,000,000 RARE.
|Token Name||Shieldex Airdrop|
|Total Supply||1,000,000,000 RARE|
|Total Value||150,000,000 RARE|
|KYC||KYC Is Not Requirement|
|Whitepaper||Click Here To View|
|Collect Airdrop||Click Here To Collect Free Airdrop|
- Visit the SuperRare airdrop claim page.
- Connect your ETH wallet.
- If you’re eligible, then you can claim free RARE tokens.
- The snapshot was taken on July 21st, 2021.
- Artists or collectors who’ve bought or sold on the platform by the snapshot date are eligible to claim the airdrop.
- The rewards were allocated based on a combination of gross market value (GMV) and the quantity of art purchased/sold.
- Eligible participants have until 90 days from the announcement of the airdrop to claim the tokens.
- Unclaimed tokens will be distributed back to the community treasury.
- For more information regarding the airdrop, see this post.
Next-generation NFT Platform
Superrare.com are proud to have been an early participant in the NFT ecosystem, pioneering a simple yet powerful set of tools – and a product model that would be replicated by many subsequent platforms. In SuperRare 1.0, the core team hand-picked and approved artists to mint their works on a shared smart contract as SuperRare NFTs (SUPR tokens). The artists were then in charge of self-promoting and selling their artworks directly to collectors.
This model was the foundation of the “curated platform era”, which was useful helping bootstrap the early NFT art market. However, as the ecosystem has matured three major shortcomings of the model have become apparent:
- Curation and gatekeeping by a single, centralized team isn’t conducive to building a healthy, web-scale art ecosystem. Art is inherently subjective, and a diverse array of curatorial voices is needed.
- Artists deserve as much support with promotion and sales as possible. But as the community of artists in the space grows, the less promotion a single team can do for each one.
- The broader NFT art ecosystem has turned into a fragmented experience where artists and collectors have artworks arbitrarily segmented across platforms, and there’s no good way to manage one’s whole collection.
The $RARE Token
Superrare.com Web3 has been part of SuperRare’s DNA since day one. Built on open source ERC-721 Ethereum smart contracts, all transactions on SuperRare are on-chain (meaning provenance is transparent) and non-custodial (meaning SuperRare never takes possession of users’ money or art).
They believe web3 is ushering in a new era of the internet. An era in which the users of a platform can be the owners of the platform, helping bring it to life and benefiting from its upside value creation.
In order to scale up and take advantage of the true power of web3, SuperRare is embarking on a path of progressive decentralization – ultimately shifting ownership and curation of the network to the community.
Curation will gradually be vested to our community of artists, collectors, and curators via a new SuperRare curation token, $RARE.
As the network evolves, SuperRare Labs will look to empower community members by offering incentives to actively curate. As a predecessor to full on-chain curation, $RARE will provide the community with governance of certain network parameters including Spaces, commissions and grants.
Superrare.com High-level breakdown of how governance functions via $RARE and the SuperRare DAO. Below we’ll outline the thinking behind the SuperRare DAO and the progressive decentralization of curation and governance for the SuperRare Network.
Some useful pre-reading:
- Progressive Decentralization Playbook
- DAOs and the pitfalls of Progressive Decentralization
- Example of a SIP from Synthetix
The Space Race
The Spaces are independently operated storefronts in the Network. Spaces are galleries that will actively curate, promote and sell artworks by artists of their choosing (though all contributing artists must adhere to the SuperRarecommunity guidelines). The number and availability of SuperRare Spaces are limited by design.
As a DAO curated by holders of the $RARE token, new Spaces added to the SuperRare Network will be decided upon via a community review and voting process. Those interested in operating a Space must start by submitting a proposal. Proposals will first be reviewed by community editors, with those meeting the necessary requirements forwarded to the Governance Council – who will then schedule eligible applicants for a vote in the monthly SpaceRace.
Operators of a Space will be able to:
- Name & deploy their own custom minting contract
- Invite artists to mint directly in their Space
- Make modifications to the default commission structure (*these changes must be clearly published and agreed to by collaborating artists)
- Curate works
- Run auctions
The are independently run storefronts on SuperRare that can curate art and artists, promote sales, run auctions, and collect commissions. Each Space can launch its own branded ERC-721 compliant minting smart contract and invite artists to mint NFTs with them, either as a one-time event or on an ongoing basis.
New Spaces can be proposed to the DAO and voted on by token holders. If approved by the community, a new gallery space will be run by its own operating team, which could be a traditional art gallery, a DAO, an artist collective, or any other organization that curates and promotes art.