About Pangolin (PNG)
Pangolin (PNG) is a decentralized exchange (DEX) which runs on Avalanche, uses the same automated market-making (AMM) model as Uniswap, features a native governance token called PNG that is fully community distributed and is capable of trading all tokens issued on Ethereum and Avalanche. In a crowded marketplace with multiple contenders, Pangolin offers three critically important benefits: fast and cheap trades, community-driven development, and a fair and open token distribution.
Pangolin (PNG) First, Pangolin can finalize trades quickly and cheaply. Since Pangolin is built on Avalanche, it enables users to swap assets while enjoying sub-second transaction finality and transaction fees as low as a few cents. Oftentimes, trades on Pangolin will feel as fast as trades on centralized exchanges. Second, beyond the significant performance upgrades to the technical status quo, Pangolin is community-driven.
Pangolin (PNG) The native governance token, PNG, enables the community to drive the development of the product in full. Third, but not least, Pangolin features a 100% community-focused token distribution model, meaning that all tokens are distributed directly to the community, without any allocations to team, advisors, investors, or insiders.
Pangolin (PNG) Storage Key Points
|Circulating Supply||21,378,683.00 PNG|
|Source Code||Click Here To View Source Code|
|Explorers||Click Here To View Explorers|
|Chat||Click Here To Visit|
|Whitepaper||Click Here To View|
|Official Project Website||Click Here To Visit Project Website|
PNG Distribution: A 100% Community-Driven Governance Token
To reinforce the project’s commitment to being created solely for the benefit of users, Pangolin is following a fair launch model with its governance token (PNG). However, while PNG will enable all the governance activities of Pangolin, and therefore its future development, governance proposals will not start until three months after the launch of Pangolin. This waiting period of three months is to ensure that enough PNG is distributed to the community.
No PNG tokens are allocated to the team, investors, advisors, or any sort of insiders. Therefore, Pangolin is entirely community-driven and entirely community-owned. PNG is capped at a supply of 538 million tokens, 100% of which will be distributed to the community according to Chart 1. The first 95% of tokens, or 512 million tokens, are dedicated to the community treasury, where they will initially be used to fund liquidity mining. The remaining 5%, or 26 million tokens, are dedicated to a community airdrop.
A big part of the value proposition of PNG’s governance is that it is highly community-driven. Because there are no insiders, such as investors, team members, or other such stakeholders, the development of Pangolin remains entirely up to the wider community. Pangolin governance will be live three months after launch and will enable several key actions, including:
- Modifications to the liquidity pools Initially, the distribution of tokens will be entirely through the liquidity mining pools listed in the previous section. The liquidity mining period will remain active until the pools are altered or another community initiative is accepted as a formal governance proposal. Proposals may add and subtract liquidity mining pools or may allocate PNG directly to a user or smart contract such as a community treasury.
- Fee switch The community will also have the ability to enable the Pangolin fee switch. This fee switch can divert .05% of all swap fees to a designated address. Swap fees will remain fixed at .30%, but liquidity providers will only receive at most .25% of these fees. This provides the community with the opportunity to acquire extra funds to support any significant community initiatives. The Pangolin fee switch is subject to a 90-day timelock delay and is disabled by default.