Westnic is the only company which offers unlimited website hosting across multiple data centers in United States and Germany, large SSD (data center edition) disk space for storage for resellers, free dedicated 256 bit Security Certificates, free dedicated IPs (IPv4), lots of premium bandwidth and 24/7/365 friendly technical support via phone, support desk and email. And most importantly, you can host unlimited domains, websites, subdomains and email accounts for less than $5.97 per month. No contracts, 45-day money back guarantee.
Your premium reseller hosting plans are now featuring dedicated Mail Exchange (MX) records. No more bounce-backs or blocklists. No more MX sharing with others. Get your dedicated MX today for only $10 (one time setup fee) and no monthly fee / additional charges. They have used Westnic since 2008 and are extremely pleased. They happen to be a technology challenged company; the patience, knowledge and availability that Westnic offers is incredible.
The products, services and technology offers is superior to the competition. Thank you for being there for when need you. They merged two reseller accounts into one – more than 400 separated websites with email, mysql and ftp users moved overnight. Support went extra mile – updated my wordpress blog, WHMCS and forums free of charge and also installed free Comodo SSL on forums.
Some Quick Facts Westnic Web Hosting
|Official Website||Click Here To Visit|
Customer may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to Westnic and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the network.
- Use of network in a way that unreasonably interferes with other customers use of the network.
Westnic will make every effort to help you move your site(s) to your servers free of charge. However, transfers are provided as a courtesy service, and they can not make guarantees regarding the availability, possibility, or time required to complete an account transfer. Each hosting company is configured differently, and some hosting platforms save data in an incompatible or proprietary format, which may make it extremely difficult if not impossible to migrate some or all account data.
They will try your best, but in some cases this may be unable to assist you in a transfer of data from an old host. The free transfer services are available for 90 days from your sign up date. Transfers outside of the 90 day free period will incur a charge; please contact support team with specific details to receive a price quote.
Inodes / Disk Space Policy
The use of more than 250,000 inodes on any shared account may potentially result in a warning first, and if no action is taken future suspension. Accounts found to be exceeding the 100,000 inode limit will automatically be removed from your backup system to avoid over-usage, however databases will still be backed up. Every file (a webpage, image file, email, etc) on your account uses up 1 inode. Sites that slightly exceed your inode limits are unlikely to be suspended; however, accounts that constantly create and delete large numbers of files on a regular basis, have hundreds of thousands of files, or cause file system damage may be flagged for review and/or suspension.
The primary cause of excessive inodes seems to be due to users setting cron notifications to username instead of actual mailbox. Over time, tens of thousands of useless messages (or more) build up, eventually pushing the account past your inode limit. To disable cron notifications, login to cPanel and choose “Cron Jobs”, then under “Cron Notifications” remove username or add valid LOCAL email address. Sending cron notifications to yahoo, msn or any other external provider will lead to account suspension.