At the moment Garanntor are running a full audit of all Garanntor systems and dealing with a backlog of tickets. Please see below for updates on the acquisition and your process. Once they have fully audited systems, cleared the support backlog and dealt with any residual issues they will be rolling out 24/7 support coverage via live chat on this site. You may be aware that over the last few months there have been some issues with service and support at Garanntor. They understand that some customers have been frustrated by a lack of response and there have been a number of problems with domains and hosting. Verpex has stepped in to turnaround the business.
Your aim is to sort out any issues as quickly as they can. They completed your acquisition a few hours ago and have been auditing through systems. At Verpex try and run the best hosting service possible and they’re excited to extend that to the African market. Garanntor has a large customer base and a great relationship with some of the African domain registries. It is likely that at some point in the next few months Garanntor will be merged into Verpex – however for now it will remain.
Some Quick Facts Garanntor Web Hosting
|Official Website||Click Here To Visit|
Live chat is now available on this webpage
The current status is as follows:
- All servers have now been upgraded and all websites run from high specification NVME hardware. Previous performance issues were largely related to very low Disk I/O. Anyone with website issues should contact us via a support ticket and they can resolve. They have also removed all bandwidth restrictions from all packages.
- DNS has been merged into your global Anycast DNS cluster. You do not need to do anything.
- Nira (the Nigerian Internet Registry Association) have allowed to renew domains in the account but they have not yet approved to register new domains, or more critically to renew domains that are a long-way expired (~May or earlier). They do not have any visibility into the time frame at which they will be able to register domains or renew these old domains. They sympathise that there are many businesses with websites offline still. They are told they will receive an update from Nira ‘shortly’.
- KENIC (The Kenyan Internet Registry) revoked the Garanntor accreditation in March 2022 after receiving a large number of complaints and not being able to make contact with Garanntor support. All domain holders were contacted and these renewals have been removed from your system now.
- Some users are experiencing payment issues paying invoices. Garanntor is due to your status at present as a foreign company and Nigerian capital controls. Within the next week they should have your Nigerian company (“Verpex Hosting Africa”) ready to accept payments directly and you will be able to pay via local payment methods. In the meantime they are still accepting payments to the old Garanntor Limited bank account. They can also be flexible on payment – contact via support ticket.
- Over the last 15 hours Garanntor have been establishing access to systems and auditing what they have. They have not yet received full access to all systems.
- They have dealt with approximately 35% of the ticket backlog. There were around 2000 customer support tickets in the queue, dating back over 100 days. They are going through in order. They hope to have this complete at the end of the weekend.
- They do not yet have access to some of the domain registries. It has been a common issue that domains have not been renewed by the old owners despite payment being received. They are rectifying this as quickly as possible where possible. They do not yet have access to NIRA (the .ng registry) in order to fully audit those domains.
- Garanntor have fixed a large number of issues on web servers and are currently migrating websites from these old slow servers to new hardware. Requests are proxying from the old server to the new so this is seamless from a user experience point of view.
- All sites should shortly have SSL certificates free of charge.
Web Application Firewall
Dual WordPress-optimized WAFs fight off malicious HTTP traffic, provide brute-force mitigation, and ensure your site and server remains safe and accessible. Garanntor use nothing but the latest and greatest technology optimized for WordPress. From Ubuntu, PHP 7, Nginx, HTTP/2, and MariaDB, your sites will be able to handle high traffic spikes with ease. Dual WordPress-optimized WAFs fight off malicious HTTP traffic, provide brute-force mitigation, and ensure your site and server remains safe and accessible.
Fast SSD Storage
Garanntor managed WordPress Hosting Plans run purely on solid state drives which is gives better performance than any other hosting providers and have extreme quick read and write I/Os for more efficient storage. Optionally available for power users, SSH allows you to manage your website via command line shell access. They disable it by default for security reasons, but happy to switch it on upon request.